You might be wondering why Camiguin Island is called the ” Island Born of Fire”, this title has been granted to Camiguin an island located in the northern part of Mindanao because it is surrounded by seven volcanoes, some of which are still considered active. Camiguin Islands gained immediate popularity due to its scenic natural beauty and hospitable locals.
Travelers can tour more than just one island starting from Katibawasan Falls, there are a number of cold springs with over 250 meters high of cascading falls surrounding the islands. Visiting the island is guaranteed to help you restore your energy and zest for life.
Some of the best places to see in Camiguin Island would include Mantigue Island, White Island, Sunken Cemetery, Katibawasan Falls, Arden Hot Spring and Soda Spring. If you are looking for a place to explore and spend precious time on then this is highly recommended. To enjoy your tour, it is recommended to hire a private transport- the public transport system is not yet effective, but there are a number of travel and tours company that is willing to tour and accommodate guests anywhere they like.
1. If you’re staying in a hotel around town take a Taxi or Motorela (PH version of TukTuk) to Agora Bus Terminal OR Gaisano Van Terminal to Camiguin Island.
2. For Agora terminal take a bus going to Balingoan Port for not more than 200 pesos or about 4 dollars (if I’m not mistaken) and that’s a 2-hour drive from CDO. Then from there, you have to pay the Passengers Terminal Fee for about 125 pesos.
3. For Gaisano, Van Terminal capacity is at 14 passengers only and they will drop you off to your hotel in Camiguin from CDO for less hassle. The fare is at 500 pesos or 10 dollars something including the Passengers terminal fee in Balingoan.
4. When you arrive in Balingoan port and paid the Fees, wait for instructions or check your ticket for Ferry name. Travel time crossing to Camiguin is only about 1 hour and 30 minutes
Camiguin Island Day Tour Package:
Camiguin Island Package Tour starts at PHP 8,051
What is included:
Day 01: Arrival/Check-in Hotel/ Free Time
Arrive at Laguindingan Airport, Meet and transfer to hotel for check-in
Enjoy your free time and then Overnight stay at the hotel ( meals not included)
Day 02: Camiguin Island Day Tour via Multicab/ Jeepney
Breakfast at the hotel
Pick by a tour operator via jeepney going to Camiguin Island POrt
Start of Camiguin Island Tour via multicab/jeepney covering walkway of Old Volcano, Sunken Cemetery, Gui-ob Old Church Ruins, Sto. Nino Cold Spring and White Island ( get to view Mt. Hibok-Hibok)
* Transfer back to your hotel
Day 03: Free time/Joint Optional Tours/Departure
After breakfast, enjoy free time until check out at the hotel and get transferred to the airport (b) 3D/2N
Day 04: Departure
After breakfast, enjoy free time until check out (4D/3N)
*End of Service*
Hotel Accommodation is at Miami Inn located at Vamenta Blvd. Cagayan de Oro, Misamis Oriental Philippines
Miami Inn Camiguin
Photos of Miami Inn Suites: